Are your virtual instructor-led trainings world class?
Learning leaders need to trust that virtual instructors can make learning transfer happen in the virtual classroom. This can only happen if virtual instructors demonstrate the specific virtual skills and behaviors and instructional designers craft a workshop that is designed to take advantage of the virtual room.
►For insights on increasing your performance in the virtual classroom, get our best practices whitepaper "7 Strategies for the Virtual Classroom" Click here and we will email you a pdf document.
Virtual Instructors Certificate Workshop
Learn the skills for success with virtual instructor-led training. Virtual Instructor Certification, VIC, provides face-to-face instructors with the skills needed to meet the challenges of learning transfer in the virtual world. During this program, you will be provided with opportunities to practice and receive feedback on the skills and behaviors required to thrive in the virtual classroom.
Our VIC workshop series is a 17-hour program comprised of 11-hours of synchronous learning and 6-hours of asynchronous inter-session activities. The 11 synchronous hours include:
- Three 2-hour learning sessions
- 1-hour producer lab and dry-run assessment
- 2-hour final teaching assessment (Practicum)
Upon successful completion, the participants will be able to:
- Create an environment that supports virtual learning and knowledge transfer
- Utilize virtual interaction methods to engage and use participants as resources
- Use your virtual presentation skills to create interest and engagement
- Identify virtual time and participant challenges and handle them seamlessly
- Maintain confidence and credibility through all virtual interactions
- Mitigate the impact of possible virtual training technology challenges on the learning
- Use virtual platform technology and producer to enhance the learning
2017 Workshop Calendar
This year, we are excited to offer 2 public workshops, which will run on Monday afternoons for five consecutive weeks.
April 3rd - May 1st | Public Workshop September 18th - October 16th | Public Workshop
ACCELERATE for Instructors
Maintaining the quality of your virtual training investment. How do you maintain high performance in your instructor-led virtual training? You have made the initial investment in virtual delivery of your learning programs. As with any launch, the new challenge is making sure your investment sticks. The question is “How are you maintaining the quality?” Without a sustainment process, your fine-tuned machine could fall into disrepair.
Regularly assessing the virtual instructors who deliver your virtual workshops is critical to maintain a quality product. Accelerate is our virtual training sustainment program that assesses the quality of the virtual instructor’s facilitation. Accelerate will enable your team to:
- Evaluate the current skill level of your virtual instructors
- Implement an action plan that improves virtual instructor performance
- Establish a long-term virtual training quality rubric for your organization
Helping Experts & Leaders Share Knowledge in the Virtual Room. Subject matter experts and leaders are frequently asked to share their knowledge or to assist delivering virtual workshops. In an evoke virtual survey, 76% of presenters in the virtual room said they had difficulty getting people engaged or getting feedback from participants. Engaging in the virtual room is very different from face-to-face. Without a set of best practices, the risk is clear — lack of engagement, leads to lack of adoption. You need to help your experts be successful in the virtual environment.
The Virtual Confidence program is designed to provide an introduction to best practices for virtual delivery. This half-day, fast-paced program will provide participants with the opportunities to:
- Gain confidence in delivering in the virtual classroom
- Develop strategies to leverage a facilitator’s guide and make it their own
- Practice key delivery skills for capturing attention and creating a conversational style
- Utilize methods unique to virtual for engaging attendees and keeping their attention
2017 Virtual Confidence Programs: Mondays from 11:00am - 1:00pm (EST)
January 30th | March 13th | May 8th | July 10th | September 11th | November 13th
Designing for the Virtual Classroom Workshop
Repurpose curriculum for the virtual training environment. More and more of our courses are moving from face-to-face classrooms into virtual environments. Our goal as virtual training designers is to support a high level of learning and knowledge transfer in the virtual classroom. This goes beyond polls and quizzes in the virtual classroom. No matter what virtual learning platform you use, we believe that adoption of some key best practices can help you design more effective virtual learning programs for delivery in virtual classrooms.
The program is composed of four modules.
- Design for participant engagement in the virtual classroom
- Create a virtual community
- Guide the virtual learning process
- Practicum: An opportunity to receive both peer and master instructor feedback on your virtual course design